Dungeness Crab Boil
The Dungeness crabs mate from spring through the fall. So come late November early December they are all over the Bay Area. It being a fall/winter luxury here you wont find any corn, or tomato product in my crab boil. I prefer to use things like fennel and cabbage to hardy up the meal and make it feel warmer while the weather it a bit chilly and rainy out.
Dungeness Crabs are chock full of meat. In my option they are ment to be eating with you hands so the sweet and juicy meat gets seasoned with the spice mix that covers your fingers. And its just fun!
3 Whole Dungeness Crabs
1-2 pounds Spicy Pork Sausage
1/4 bundle Parsley
3 Lemons, halved
1 small yellow onion, quartered
1 Bulb of Garlic, cut in half
3/4 pound Small Potatoes
2 small bulbs of Fennel, large dice
1 head of Napa Cabbage, quartered
1/2 cup salt
1 1/2 cup Crab Boil Spice Mix
3/4 pound Butter, melted
1. In a large pot Bring 8 quarts of water to a boil.
2. Add salt, garlic, potatoes, lemons, parsley and the Crab Boil Spice Mix. Bring back to boil,
3. Add sausage and fennel, and boil for 7-10 minutes.
4. Drop in crabs and cabbage. Cook for 7 minutes. Turn off heat
5. Let rest for up to 5 minutes. Strain and serve on your favorite platter or newspaper. Serve with melted butter.